Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Surprise!

As I was finishing up my post (Tiger) yesterday, our family received quite a surprise. We heard a knock on the door, and when we opened it, my Uncle and little cousin were outside. Behind my uncle's truck was a livestock trailer. In the livestock trailer was a calf. My calf.







As yet Miss Moo is unnamed. This heifer was my payment for help on my Uncle's farm, where it has been living since it was born four months ago. It's getting to know me already, and it follows me around (licking me) whenever I check on it. It's currently staying on pasture at my Grandpa's house, since our land has no grass.

Kittens and Cows- quite a day! It seems like our farming ventures are going to start with a bang, as a new exciting development will take place on the land before long; but I'll save that for later...

5 comments:

Frontiersman said...

Looks good.

Anonymous said...

Oh!!!! She is beautiful! We are so happy for you! We can't wait to see the new critters in person. We will come as soon as we can. Lauren wants to know if you are going to eat Miss Moo. I know that you just got her and all, but she won't quit asking. Ashlyn says to tell you that we miss you. No tellin' what all critters ya'll will have by the time we get back up yonder way. You've got a good start to a farm!
We are all thankful with you.

The Powells

Lady Why said...

WOW!!! That is a terrific looking cow! What's her name? Your farm is really coming along nicely! We can't wait to see it in full operation before long!!

My name suggestions...
Buttermilk
Daisy
Pork Chop (I think this one is particularly funny!)
Puddles (Mr. P's suggestion)
Chloe (Flibby's suggestion)
Nancy (another Flibby)
Mary (Hannah's suggestion)
Betsy (Cindy Lou's suggestion)
Milky Way (Cindy Lou again)
Cocoa (Karate Kid's suggestion)

Mrs. Wolfe said...

Wow! That is very exciting! She is so pretty. I have a few name suggestions myself: Sharpie, Coolwhip and Truly Scrumptious(if she is a beef cow). The last is my favorite.

~Miss Poppins

Sherlock said...

I've decided not to name her, since we will be eating her in a year. Truly Scrumptious, however, is a different story...