Friday, August 18, 2006

A Multi-Generational Vision

I am not a good narrator and have so many thoughts in my mind to try to flesh out to words that it gets frustrating at times, not to mention my grammar and spelling shortcomings, so I appologize to all english teachers and the ones that tried so hard to "learn" me english. I am working on this but it's not easy after my public school education and an inherited southern country sentence structure. So you homeschoolers take this as evidence, your studies in english and grammar are important.
I do want to share an insight that I gained from the men at the EB (entrepreneurial bootcamp). I have been focused on a multi-generational vision for several years, or so I thought, but these men by God's grace really brought a lot of the puzzle pieces together for me. I've shared this with my family and we will be working toward accomplishing this vision that is God centered and is the pattern found in scripture. The most direct and wonderful passage of scripture that deals with this is Deuteronomy chapter 6 and 7. These chapters show many things about how God expects His people to act, how he is set to bless them beyond measure, and how those that oppose him will be destroyed. It is abundantly clear that a multi-generational vision is the vision God desires for His chosen people. We are to diligently teach our children and grandchildren who God is, what God has done, and what God requires. (This is RC Sproul Jr's 3G's.) Notice the clear contrast between the chosen and the pagan nations. (Also notice WHY God chose them in Chapter 6.) Notice the abundance of blessing for His chosen, "blessed above all peoples", this is a God given dominion and the success is only the result of obedience to God. Our Savior taught us this same concept, "Seek ye first the kingom of God..." We're not destined to be the poor and destitute, just to be seen as having to rely on God for a crumb here and there. He is the provider of all things for those who love him and obey his commands, he will richly bless with abundance... WAIT a minute let's not get into a health and wealth preachy sermon here, remember, God's blessing is only to those who truly love him with all their heart, soul and strength. Do you? Is His glory your goal? Another quote from RC "if your goals aren't the Bible's goals you won't succeed".
Ok, but what about the vision? For one, I must sacrifice my comforts for the next generation, so they can be free from the bondage of debt, free from the wage slave mentality, free to do God's will and work in their generation. So then what about the young men and little lady God has entrusted to me? They must be ready to take this vision to their kids and sacrifice for their generation also, to continue being God's instruments, to love Him, obey Him, and if there is a child down the line that decides he doesn't believe this vision, who rejects God and His commands, then I think it's clear, he get's no help from the family financially to go off on his own. If the family legacy is one founded upon God's glory and exalting the name of Jesus Christ and you reject this, then you are choosing your own path apart from the family. This needs to be taught to all children, obedience is required, not an option. You are either for God 100% or against God. A family that is focused on the glory of God will strive to use the resources God has provided to further glorify God, not fund unrighteous activity. So young men and women, how does this affect your future? At an early age you must think about how you are going to provide for your wife or support your husband, support your children, how to be free of debt, how to continue the vision of dominion for the glory of God. Study the Bible, pray and as Mr. Pent would say "work, work, work". It's much better to start now than when your older and having to rearrange things and catchup.
I must act upon these ideals if the multi-generational vision is to be cast in my family. I need goals, milestones, and plans to make my family situation one that glorifies God. Always with great anticipation of the plans that God has for us. Striving always to be an example of His grace, mercy, and blessing while living a life that points to His glory and when asked about why I live the way I do, always ready to share with those who need to know of the savior and about how He has redeemed me and brought me into the eternal family.

1 comment:

Lady Why said...

WOW! And, you said you can't narrate! Ha!

That was excellent and inspiring! I saw where Vision Forum is selling the unedited CDs from the conference this week only. We may have to invest in those. It all sounds just TOO good!!

Thanks for sharing! We're anxiously anticipating your next installment!