Saturday, September 13, 2008

Farm Saturday

I apologize for the lack of Farm Friday posts lately. I'll get back on track now.

We've planted carrots, radishes, beets, kale, lettuce, leeks, rutabagas, spinach, cabbage and mixed greens (turnip, mustard,spinach, kale, and collards) in our fall/winter garden. We're also planning to plant peas, broccoli, more varieties of lettuce, raddichio, arugula, claytonia, minutina, endive, and cornsalad. That sounds like a lot, but it's all planted so close that it doesn't really take up very much space.

I'm building a peaked roof on my first (Salatin-style) chicken pen, so it looks like a little house now. I'm not finished yet, but when I do I'll take pictures.

Last week we bush-hogged the pasture to beat the brush down. It looks pretty good now, but again, we don't have any pictures yet.

The Cullman County Fair is this week. Smokestack is going to enter some of his honey. If he wins, we might add "Award Winning" to the label. :)

Have a great weekend,
Sherlock

1 comment:

Mrs. Wolfe said...

*chants*

Pictures, pictures! We want pictures!

:)