Monday, April 16, 2007

Imus and the First Amendment

Ok. Normally I don't fly off the handle with my convictions because I don't want to portray a wrong idea of what I mean and I'm wary of my flesh nature and the problem with getting a little too opinionated without scriptural basis. BUT, since Doug decided to post a great article on his blog about the topic and he took my view, if you don't like it, I've now got an ally. Be sure to go to his blog and read the details from today's post with the same title.

http://www.visionforum.com/hottopics/blogs/dwp/2007/04/2468.aspx

Now for my rant, quickly.

I agree with Doug and glad to see the historical law of the land behind it. Law cannot force upon one common sense now-a-days. Imus is the epitome of a cranky, foul, depraved old fogie and I'm glad he's gone and hope he stays gone from the airwaves. "Free speech" has become, just like most other important rights, just an excuse phrase that none that use it really understands anymore. Many just want the excuse to say anything they want whether it's right or wrong and not be accountable for their abuse of the rights of others to not have to listen to the foul stench of trash that pours from their depraved, bigotted, racial, foul, evil hearts. If having to hear what Imus is saying is "free speech"; I don't want it!
At the same time, I don't like governmental laws that strip away freedoms and laws shouldn't be necessary to tell me what I ought and ought not say. Of course if Christ is the Christians example then that sorta takes care of itself now doesn't it. It's not a question of censorship laws, it's a questions of moral decency. God's standard. Spiritual revivial is what we should long for, it should be in our prayers every day.

Lu 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Amen.

2 comments:

Stonewall said...

OK. Maybe I added a few too many adjectives for Imus. God can change any heart, maybe even Imus. Sorry.

Lady Why said...

No, actually I think you left out a few!! Excellent article! I agree wholeheartedly with both you and Doug Phillips!