Thursday, September 07, 2006

Free Reading

After having our piano lessons cancelled at late notice (a relief to me since my violin has consumed more of my musical capacity lately), we made a trip to one of my favorite places- the library. I checked out a few books before we left to run some more errands. At one location a sweet older lady knocked on my window. She said her great-grandson wouldn't read and asked me if I liked reading. Since I was reading at the moment and had a pile of ten books in my lap, I saw no way out but to admit, "Yes Ma'am."


Which is true. Here is a picture of the free reading I have at the moment. It may lead you to the same conclusion as it did this lady. From top to bottom,you see The Complete Sherlock Holmes in two volumes, The American Constitution: For and Against (compares Federalist and Anti-Federalist papers), Prisoners of the Sea, St.Bartholomews Eve, The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, Common Sense, and The Federalist Papers.

~Sherlock

2 comments:

Lady Why said...

Oh, Sherlock... that list just makes me giddy with excitement!!! I love history and I love, love, LOVE Sherlock Holmes, which is one reason I love your moniker so much! What excellent choices you have made. But, I'm surprised there is nothing of an agrarian flavor in your stack. Ahhhh, but diversity and variety are truly the spice of the literary life, wouldn't you agree?

Sherlock said...

I do agree! True, there aren't any agrarian books in the stack; however, I am actually re-reading Holy Cows and Hog Heaven, I just left it off so nobody would get the impression that I'm reading too much. For some reason, there aren't any sustainable agriculture books in the Shelby County Library system. Then, also, Esposa wouldn't let me order any until I've finished what I have now. I wonder why?